What Do You Know About Shingles?
Learn about shingles, a painful skin condition, by taking this quiz.
1. Both chickenpox and shingles are caused by the same virus, varicella-zoster (VZV). What does varicella mean?
2. After causing chickenpox, the varicella-zoster virus can remain in the body for years, before it causes shingles. Where in the body does the virus stay?
3. What percentage of adults may get shingles?
4. A rash that starts on one side of the body is a telltale sign of shingles. Which of these is also a symptom of the disease?
5. How long does the shingles outbreak last?
6. When can a person with shingles pass shingles on to another person?
7. How is shingles treated?
8. Which of these is a possible complication of shingles?