Baby’s First Doctor Visit
After your baby makes her grand entrance into your family’s life, you’ll notice that she will be developing rather quickly.
For this reason, her first trip to her health care provider – the well-baby visit – should happen two or three days after you bring her home from the hospital, according to HealthFinder.gov.
Your baby should be between 2 and 5 days old during her first full checkup and HealthFinder.gov recommends that you prepare by bringing your list of questions for the doctor and important documents.
The well-baby visit might include the following activities, according to the Mayo Clinic:
- Taking your baby’s measurements
- Examining your baby from head to toe
- Checking your baby's motor skills and development
- Providing information about various vaccines
- Answering basic questions about your baby’s typical routines
Be sure to check with your baby’s health care provider about the well-baby visits and what to expect during the first one.