Interventional radiologists use radiology technology—the type of technology used in X-rays—to perform many types of procedures. In fact, we are able to use minimally invasive interventional radiology treatments to replace several open procedures, leading to an easier surgery and recovery for you.
Interventional Radiology in Tampa, FL
Interventional radiologists use their expertise to guide small instruments such as catheters (long, thin tubes) through the blood vessels or other pathways to treat disease.
Benefits of interventional radiology procedures:
- We can perform most procedures on an outpatient basis or with only a short hospital stay.
- Although it depends on the patient and the procedure, you may not require sedation or anesthesia.
- This minimally invasive technique significantly reduces risk, pain and recovery time.
- The procedures are often less expensive than surgery or other alternatives.
- Our interventional radiologists are board-certified radiologists that are fellowship trained in performing these procedures. Meet our interventional radiologists.
Vein Disorders Treatment: Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiology is a great fit for treating vein disorders, because the tiny blood vessels require a precise, minimally invasive approach.
Our treatment options for vein disorders include:
- Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT)
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Micro ambulatory phlebectomy
- Ultrasound-guided chemical ablation
For many patients, no physician referral is required. Ask your doctor or health care provider if vein treatment is right for you. Call us directly with any questions or to schedule a consultation. Learn more about endovenous laser treatment.
Refer a patient to our Interventional Radiology department for hemodialysis.
Refer a patient to our Interventional Radiology department for any other interventional procedure.
For more information about Interventional Radiology at St. Joseph's Hospital or for a physician referral, please call us at (813) 870-4919. Get directions to our facility.