Children's Health Services in Riverview, Florida
St. Joseph's Hospital-South provides high quality care for the children of the South Shore community. Thanks to its alignment with St. Joseph's Children's Hospital in Tampa your child can get specialized pediatric care close to home. Our team of physicians, nurses and specialists are dedicated to providing the best care possible for your children.
Emergency Pediatric Care
Newly-Renovated Pediatric Emergency Center (ER)
We recently expanded our pediatric ER to meet the growing needs of our community. Our dedicated pediatric center includes:
- Private rooms with decorations tailored to kids.
- Pediatric waiting room with an inventive bubble wall to capture the attention of our littlest patients.
- Pediatric nurse triage.
- Specialized areas dedicated to the treatment of pediatric trauma patients.
Pediatric Inpatient Services
If your child needs minor procedures or surgeries or to spend the night for observation after an emergency, our 12-room dedicated pediatric unit will meet your child’s inpatient medical needs. Other features include:
- Kid-friendly private rooms
- Dedicated pediatric nurses
- Child Life Specialists
- Fold down sofa in all rooms for parent overnight stay
- Dedicated Procedure Room on the unit for minor procedures
- Special pediatric pain management
- Family-centered approach to care
Pediatric Outpatient Services
For services not requiring an overnight stay, we offer specialized care in our outpatient specialty center. We have pediatric physicians in a variety of specialties including cardiology, endocrinology, ENT, gastroenterology, neurology, orthopedic surgery, urology and more.
For a physician referral, please call (813) 644-6677 or find a doctor near you.
At St. Joseph's Hospital-South, we have open visiting hours. We prefer you respect the needs of the patient for proper rest time at night, and it is requested that you not visit anyone if you are sick. We do allow for one person to stay with the patient 24 hours a day, seven days a week, if desired. We want your child’s experience here to be as pleasant as possible.
Total Surgeries: 314
ED Visits: 16,754