In keeping with our commitment to improve the health of the community, Mease Countryside Hospital is responding to the area’s growth with a major expansion and renovation plan. Designed to create continuous platforms of care that support clinical excellence, our goal is to improve patient-centered care and the family experience as well as increase private patient rooms.
The major expansion includes a new 4-story tower and a parking garage. This expansion cost will total $156 million.
Mease Countryside Hospital is continuing its major expansion and renovation plan with work throughout the hospital campus. Most noticeable is the new parking garage which was recently topped off. Work on the arrival tower which will help connect the elevated pedestrian walkway across Mease Drive is well under way. Construction workers are working on the arrival tower to prepare it for the bridge that will connect the garage to the hospital campus. The garage will feature 950 parking spaces and completion is scheduled in early 2019.
Please see the bottom of this page for updated photos.
The second stage of the expansion will feature a four-story patient tower, increasing the number of private hospital rooms from 31 percent to 82 percent. The new tower will include:
- 70 private patient rooms
- 30-bed observation unit adjacent to the Emergency Room
- Critical care services combined into one cohesive unit with eight additional progressive care facilities
- Women’s care increasing number of patient rooms and more Level II Neonatal Intensive Care beds
- Inpatient and outpatient surgical services aligned into one space
- Expanded inpatient pharmacy
- New outpatient chemotherapy and infusion services
- New endoscopy unit
Patient and visitor comfort is also part of the design with an outdoor courtyard with dining and seating areas, a children’s play space and a water feature offering visitors with a relaxing area that incorporates natural elements.