BayCare Medical Group Adult and Pediatric Sports Medicine (South Tampa HealthHub)
Dr. Kevin Elder is one of the most experienced doctors in Tampa Bay performing PRP and stem cell treatments. He started using musculoskeletal ultrasound in 2010, and PRP injections in 2012. Dr. Elder has performed over 3,000 PRP treatments and began performing ultrasound-guided BMAC/stem cell treatment in 2017. He has seen great outcomes for his patients.
Dr. Elder’s professional experience includes five years as an NFL team physician. Currently, he’s a team physician for the U.S. Soccer and U.S. Ski teams. Dr. Elder also serves as an assistant team physician for USF Athletics, the Tampa Bay Rowdies, the Tampa Bay Rays, Plant High School and Berkley Preparatory School.
Our office is located in the BayCare HealthHub on the West side of S. Dale Mabry Hwy if you are traveling South on Dale Mabry, just past Swann Ave.
Sports Medicine, Nonoperative, Regenerative Medicine for Pediatric and Adult
- Shoulder/Rotator Cuff – biceps tendonitis
- Elbow epicondylitis (medial and lateral) – Tennis Elbow, Little League Elbow
- Chronic wrist pain
- Trigger finger
- Carpal Tunnel
- Neck/back pain – SI joint pain
- Hip tendinopathy/Bursitis
- Knee pain – arthritis, painful meniscus, knee sprains
- Ankle injuries – Achilles tendonitis, ankle sprains
- Foot pain – plantar fasciitis
- Partial muscle tears (such as calf, hamstring or biceps)
- Sport related concussion
- Sport specific injuries for baseball, gymnastics, dance, softball, etc.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- True Stem Cells derived from Bone Marrow Aspirate (BMAC)
- Fracture Care with casting
- Trigger point injections
- Joint injections – hyaluronic acid
*In house x-ray and musculoskeletal ultrasound for thorough diagnostic imaging
- Kevin Elder, MD, FAAFP, CAQSM
- Michelle Leget, ATC