Spine Care Services at BayCare
BayCare has created comprehensive spine programs at strategic hospital locations to best serve the Tampa Bay community. We have carefully merged the expertise of our orthopedic and neurological spine surgeons to develop the best treatments available for patients' with spinal conditions. Each year, our neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons diagnose and treat thousands of patients with neck and back problems including:
- Job-related and motor vehicle injuries
- Arthritis or osteoporosis
- Strains, sprains and fractures
- Bulging and herniated discs and degenerative disc disease
We offer many options for diagnosis and treatment, but treatment for spine injuries and conditions usually begins with comprehensive testing and analysis by our board certified orthopedic and neurological surgeons.
- Beginning stages of treatment may include prescribed medications and physical therapy, which offer many patients relief from back pain. Steroid injections may also be prescribed.
- Some patients may require surgical treatment
If surgery is required, we offer the best in both surgical expertise and state-of-the-art equipment, including three-dimensional imaging tools and an image-guided surgery system. This combination of expertise and technology allows our surgeons to use innovative, minimally invasive techniques to reduce post-operative pain, decrease the need for pain medication, and facilitate rapid rehabilitation and recovery.
- Minimally invasive spine and neck procedures offer less scarring and pain plus a quicker return to normal activities
- Coordination of presurgical and postsurgical needs including insurance benefits, home health care, and rehabilitation, which is covered by most government and private insurance plans
- Modern surgical suites and recovery units staffed by teams of caring, patient-focused experts in imaging, surgery and recovery
Spine Nurse Navigator
To improve continuity of care, at some of our spine programs, we offer nurse coordinators who walk each patient through admission, surgery, pre/post operation and/or treatment process.
Learn more about our specialized spine programs:
- Mease Dunedin Hospital
- Mease Countryside Hospital
- Morton Plant Hospital
- South Florida Baptist
- St. Joseph's Hospital
For more information or a physician referral, call (855) 546-6297 or find a doctor near you.