Sports Medicine in Plant City, Florida
Sports medicine physicians specialize in the medical diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. Approximately 90 percent of all sports-related injuries are non surgical, and all sports medicine physicians specialize in assessment and management of non-operative musculoskeletal injuries. Common conditions treated by sports medicine physicians include:
- Acute injuries, such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries and fractures
- Over use injuries, such as tendonitis or stress fractures
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness, such as infectious mononucleosis, asthma or diabetes
- Postoperative rehabilitation
- "Return to play" decisions in the sick or injured athlete
At South Florida Baptist Hospital we offer imaging services, physician counseling, surgical services and rehabilitation services.
Learn more about sports medicine services at BayCare.