BayCare's comprehensive orthopedic rehabilitation program maintains its robust continuum of care for patients recovering from surgery or injury. Whether you use our in-home or outpatient rehabilitation centers, you will be cared for by highly skilled physical and occupational therapists . Our program is designed to help patients achieve the highest level of function possible by creating research-based treatment protocols specific to each patient's condition.
Restoring Maximum Movement and Function
Our physical and occupational therapists begin your treatment by conducting a thorough assessment of your abilities. Part of this assessment includes evaluating movement patterns, , assessing strength, balance, coordination, and posture. We use a variety of procedures including, exercises, range of motion, balance, endurance and gait training to relieve pain, promote healing and restore function. Occupational therapists help you learn new skills or adapt to a permanent loss so that you can do the day-do-day tasks that occupy your time, give you independence, or bring you enjoyment.
Through the programs below, we work to achieve superior outcomes with highly compassionate care:
- Post Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
- Post Spinal Surgery Rehabilitation
- Prosthetic/Orthotic Training
- Rotator Cuff Rehabilitation
- Spine Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic modalities that employ electrical stimulation, cryotherapy, ultrasound and lasers.
- Balance & Vestibular - Therapeutic evaluations and exercises help people regain their mobility and avoid falls ·
- Occupational therapy for upper extremity conditions are performed by certified hand therapists who specialize in the treatment and fabrication of static and dynamic splints for a wide variety of injuries, such as fractures, tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and complex tendon lacerations.
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill® to address the special needs of patients with certain orthopedic conditions and injuries