Robotically Assisted Urological Procedures
Robotic-assisted surgery is an innovative, minimally invasive surgical technique that allows for unsurpassed precision and accuracy during complex procedures. Surgeons are able to manipulate the arms of a surgical robot and use incredible small tools to perform surgery without the need for large incisions.
BayCare offers a range of robotic surgeries for urological conditions so that patients can benefit from:
- Smaller incisions
- Faster recovery times
- Reduced risk of infection
- Reduced risk of nerve damage
- Minimal scarring
Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgeries for Urological Conditions
Robotic-assisted surgery may be an option for patients who have been unable to find relief from urological conditions with medication and nonsurgical treatments. This type of minimally invasive procedure offers a safe and effective alternative to highly invasive open surgeries.
- Robotic prostatectomy – through tiny incisions in the abdomen, the surgeon is able to use the robot to remove the prostate gland and surrounding lymph nodes to treat prostate cancer
- Robotic nephrectomy or partial nephrectomy – robotic technology can be used to remove all or part of the kidneys in the treatment of kidney cancer
- Robotic urinary obstruction pyeloplasty – treatment of a urinary blockage by robotically removing the obstruction and reattaching the kidney to the ureter
- Robotic bladder repair for women – treatment of bladder leakage (incontinence) due to bladder prolapse or injury
Find a urologist near you or call (855) 245-7765 for a physician referral. BayCare is proud to offer innovative treatments to individuals throughout Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Lutz, Plant City, Dunedin, Winter Haven, Riverview, Safety Harbor, New Port Richey and the surrounding areas.