At BayCare, your health is our number one priority. Following policy changes and restrictions regarding COVID-19, our Teen Volunteer Program is suspended, and Adult volunteer positions are limited. Please continue to check the website for any updates. For timely information about coronavirus, visit BayCare.org/coronavirus.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities at our healthcare facility. Our volunteers serve throughout many areas of the hospital.
After completing the formal volunteer application, information sessions are scheduled for applicants to learn more about the volunteer program’s opportunities and expectations. Following these sessions, every effort will be made to match our applicant’s "special" skills, talents and abilities to hospital needs.
Volunteer Service Areas and Shifts (4 hours shifts, 1 day per week)
- Patient Information Desks, providing assistance for our guests
- Tram Drivers for escorting patients and guests to parking areas
- Gift Shops for Winter Haven Hospital and Winter Haven Women's Hospital, where retail experience is greatly appreciated
Screenings for Participation
- A health screening including Tuberculosis screening (conducted on site)
- A criminal background investigation and personal reference checks
- Complete hospital orientation (mandatory educational requirements including Risk Management, Infection Control, Safety, Emergency Preparedness, etc.)
- A Volunteer Services department orientation (covering mission, worked hours, recognition, service openings, benefits, rules and regulations)
- A Department orientation, usually four training sessions with an experienced volunteer or staff member in assigned service area, with a progress evaluation to follow
Photo ID & Uniforms
- All Volunteers must wear a hospital-issued photo identification badge when they are at the hospital for any official purpose; i.e., service, orientations, meetings, etc.
- All volunteers must be in uniform according to dress code while performing service duties or representing the hospital. Uniform shirts are available for purchase in the Volunteer Services Office, ranging in price from $20 to $32.
Our volunteers are members of the Winter Haven Hospital Auxiliary with annual membership dues of $5 per year. As a member, you will receive much personal satisfaction by being a part of all special fund-raising events that benefit the many patient care projects and health-related scholarships provided by the Auxiliary. You may also elect to serve in a leadership role on the Auxiliary Board.