BayCare Medical Group Congestive Heart Failure and Heart Function Clinic (Clearwater)
The Heart Function Clinic at Morton Plant Hospital was developed to care for patients who have a new heart failure diagnosis or have frequent admissions to the hospital due to heart failure. The mission of the clinics is to provide appropriate, comprehensive, high-quality care that improves quality of life and reduces the number of admissions and readmissions of patients with heart failure. Patients and families who visit the clinic receive special, individualized care. The clinic is a resource for patients and families who:
- Are being discharged from the hospital. The clinic’s goal is to see patients within three to seven days after their hospital discharge.
- Are at high risk for admission/readmission to the hospital
- Are newly diagnosed with heart failure
- Need close follow up to optimize their medication regimen
The Congestive Heart Failure and Heart Function Clinic at Morton Plant Hospital is a comprehensive and collaborative heart failure management program that works toward slowing disease progression. They work in conjunction with our cardiovascular surgical team to provide expertise in using cutting-edge, advanced heart failure therapies so their patients can lead high-quality lives. For our Tampa location, click here.
- Care coordination and transition management
- Collaboration with referring physicians as well as renowned heart transplant specialists and medical centers
- Comprehensive medical tests to determine and treat causes of heart failure
- Exercise prescription and rehabilitation therapy
- Lifestyle counseling to improve nutrition and manage smoking
- Medication standardization and optimization
- Selective use of appropriate heart devices