Hybrid Operative Suite at Morton Plant Hospital
In early 2012, Morton Plant Hospital finished construction on its new Hybrid Operative Suite, which is the most advanced of its kind in Tampa Bay. Thanks to the large size of the hybrid operating room and the advanced technological capabilities, surgeons and interventionalists can work side-by-side to perform complex procedures.
An innovator in heart care, Morton Plant Hospital is one of only a few hospitals in Florida approved to offer the newly available Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure to patients with severe aortic stenosis. A collaborative team of cardiac experts will perform the TAVR procedure in the Hybrid Operative Suite at Morgan Heart Hospital.
Cardiovascular procedures performed in the Hybrid Operative Suite will come from physician referrals to the Valve Center.
Benefits of the Hybrid Operative Suite
- Fewer surgeries
- Shortened hospital stays
- Faster recovery times
- Better outcomes
- Reduced costs
Procedures Performed in the Hybrid Operative Suite
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Complex aortic endovascular procedures (repair of both thoracic/abdominal aneurysms)
- Complex device management (AICD, pacemakers, lead extractions)
- Minimally invasive heart valve repair/replacement
- Hybrid coronary revascularization
- Complex arrhythmia treatments
- Diagnostic and therapeutic peripheral vascular interventions
To refer a patient to the Valve Center, call 855-44-VALVE (855-448-2583) or fax a referral sheet to (727) 462-7261.