Health Care Professionals
BayCare Alliant Hospital is licensed as a 48-bed specialty hospital and accredited by The Joint Commission. Alliant provides ICU and extended acute care services to patients requiring a longer period for medical treatment and recovery.
Physically located within Mease Dunedin Hospital, with a separate entrance on Main St., BayCare Alliant is a hospital-within-a-hospital (HIH). As an HIH, BayCare Alliant has 24-hour accessibility to emergency room physicians, diagnostic testing, radiology, laboratory, and surgical services. Our RNs are ACLS certified and receive critical care training, and our comprehensive interdisciplinary team approach includes 24-hour respiratory services, rehabilitation, nutrition, case management, and pharmacy. BayCare Alliant’s state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit is equipped with eCare, which means physicians can monitor patients round-the-clock. Physicians round daily and participate in interdisciplinary team rounds.
Physician Specialties: Pulmonary/critical care, internal medicine, cardiology, infectious disease, nephrology, gastroenterology, complex wound care, general surgery, physiatry, psychiatry, neurology, orthopedics, geriatric medicine, radiology.
Acute Pulmonary/Critical Care
- Ventilator management and weaning
- Endotracheal tubes
- Tracheostomy management to include placement, downsizing, decannulation, specialty trachs, speaking valves
- Brain and spinal cord injury ventilator patients
- Noninvasive ventilation/heated high flow oxygen
- COPD exacerbation
- Acute asthma/ARDS
- Aerosol therapy/inhaled medication therapy
- Chest tube management
- PleurX drains
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- DVTs, severe PVD
Acute Cardiac/Heart and Vascular
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery disease
- Recovery from cardiac surgery
- Myocardial infarctions
- Presurgical cardiac optimization
- Cardiac monitoring while awaiting AICD or pacemaker placement
- Cardiac arrhythmias requiring cardiac monitoring
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) management
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Pulmonary embolism
- Vascular diseases
- Dyspnea of cardiac origin
- Cardiac medication management; intravenous and continuous cardiac medications
- Prolonged recovery from surgical procedures
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Malnutrition/TPN/feeding tube placement and management
- Infectious disease management
- Long-term antibiotic therapy
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Multi-system complications
- Complex wounds
- Renal Failure/dialysis
- Diabetes management
- Pain management for chronic illness
- Malignant or end stage disease management
- Degenerative muscular and neurologic diseases
- Complex orthopedic care and postsurgical complications
- Brain and spinal cord injury (traumatic/non-traumatic)
PICC, Mid Line, tunneled or non-tunneled dialysis catheter, portacath, central line, transfusions, sedation, paralytics, sedation, paracentesis, thoracentesis, wound vacs, debridement, EGD, nephrostomy tubes, ENT procedures, CVP monitoring, ABGs, arterial line pressure monitoring, CT, MRI, ultrasound, Echo, doppler, negative pressure room, video monitoring, lab, pharmacy, intravenous medications and continuous infusions.
Patient referrals are made through the care coordination department at the acute care hospital, by directly contacting your BayCare Alliant liaison, or by calling our admissions department at (727) 734-6791.
To apply for medical staff privileges at BayCare Alliant Hospital, call (727) 519-3377. Physicians may also apply for temporary privileges if they wish to follow their patient cases at Alliant.