Maternity and Motherhood Wellness Program
Begin Your Maternity and Motherhood Wellness Journey Today
BayCare Fitness Centers now offer you prepartum and postpartum fitness programs
Our maternity wellness programs are beneficial at any stage of pregnancy and can resume after postpartum medical clearance. The classes are designed for any fitness level.
Benefits of attending maternity wellness programs:
- Learn how to correctly prevent and manage common prepartum and postpartum-related discomforts as hormones fluctuate during pregnancy and during the postpartum recovery period.
- Reduce the risk for muscle aches, SI joint pain, round ligament pain, pelvic and back pain
- Reduction in fatigue, burnout, and lack of energy
- Learn techniques to prevent or correct diastasis recti (separation of abdominal walls), incontinence, swelling and weight gain.
- Exercising helps reduce chances of needing additional pain relief medications and other interventions, and shortens labor.
- Participants will also gain a sense of self-confidence needed to look and feel their best, relax and reconnect with their changing body, feel more prepared for the upcoming birth experience and continue to function with ease after pregnancy while caring for a new baby.
- The classes include various components from dance and yoga, core training, gentle stretching, endurance building through interval training, breathing techniques, guided imagery and more.
- Specialized massage therapy and nutrition consultations are also available.
- Be a part of a community of women serving as a support group and empowering one another. Participants will have the added benefit of gaining a network of resources and friends.
Prenatal and postnatal medical clearance required upon program registration.
- Physician Consent Form: Prepartum and Postpartum Program
- Learn more about the program.
- How to Register Online