Jerk Chicken With Pineapple Salsa
1/5/2021 10:27:49 AM
Here is a healthy recipe for the New Year from Paul Finocchi, executive chef at BayCare’s St. Joseph’s Hospital-North in Lutz. The Caribbean has a major influence on the way we eat in Florida. Many dishes from the islands have found their way into our culture. This version of Jerk Chicken uses boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and the addition of a fresh pineapple salsa really brightens and balances the dish. Enjoy!
- 4 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp jerk spice
- 1 cup small, diced pineapple
- 1 tbsp small, diced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp small, diced red onion
- 1 tbsp chiffonade cilantro
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 tsp minced jalapeno
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch salt
- Turn on the grill or heat grill pan over medium high heat.
- Marinade the chicken with the jerk spice and the olive oil
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and reserve.
- Grill the chicken thighs until cooked through, internal temperature of 165F about 6-7 minutes each side.
- Place one thigh on each plate and top generously with the pineapple salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
- Calories 253
- Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 101 mg
- Sodium 99 mg
- Total carbohydrates 7.2 g
- Protein 33.1 g