St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital’s Christmas in July Donation Drive
St. Joseph's Children's Hospital treats thousands of Tampa Bay’s children every year. Whether they arrive by ambulance, are recovering from open-heart surgery or undergoing cancer treatment, they receive the finest medical treatment, emotional support and loving care available. But they have other special needs - play and distraction from their illness - that are met with the help of generous people throughout the community.
“Medical settings are a new, unfamiliar world for most children,” said Jazleen Vecchiarelli, manager of clinical services for St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital. “Providing them with fun activities like art and music therapy, developmental play or movie nights can bring a momentary escape from the hospital experience and their illness.”
Join St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital’s “Christmas in July” donation drive and help provide entertainment and comfort to pediatric patients throughout the year.
Here’s how you can make a difference:
- Help brighten the spirits of hospitalized kids by donating a patient experience, activity or distraction item online at StJosephsChristmas.org. Monetary donations can be made in any denomination and are greatly appreciated.
- Become an event sponsor. Corporate sponsorships available starting at just $1,000.
- Start or join a “Christmas in July” team. Host your own online fundraiser and enlist your friends, family and coworkers to meet a goal. Fundraising ideas include bake sales, raffles, jeans day and walk/run/bike activities. For more info, visit StJosephsChristmas.org.
- Become one of our community partners – get your customers involved in “Christmas in July” through a donation of percentage of sales, register campaigns and spirit nights.
- Drop off toys and donations in the circular drive in front of St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital during the special “Christmas in July” community event Friday, July 28 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information about “Christmas in July,” call (813) 872-0979 or visit StJosephsChristmas.org.