BayCare Offers Free Heart Healthy Screenings
Screenings Include Tests and Tips To Help Prevent Heart DiseaseCLEARWATER, Fla., (January 16, 2017) -- During February and March, BayCare Health System’s community health screening team will be at various BayCare hospitals across Tampa Bay offering free heart-healthy screenings.
All screenings will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. except for March 18 at the Bloomingdale Regional Public Library, which is from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Screenings include blood pressure, Body Mass Index (BMI) and cholesterol, as well as a diabetes risk assessment.* A nutrition specialist will be on hand to answer questions and offer tips that can lead to healthier lifestyle choices.
The free heart-healthy screenings will be offered in the following communities: Bartow, Clearwater, Lutz, New Port Richey, Plant City, Riverview, Safety Harbor, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Valrico and Winter Haven.
*If the assessment suggests your risk is high, an A1c test will be offered.
- Friday, Feb. 10: St. Joseph’s Hospital-North, Garden Lobby Classrooms, 4211 Van Dyke Road, Lutz
- Saturday, Feb. 11: Winter Haven Hospital, Main Lobby/Wellness Center, 200 Ave. F NE, Winter Haven
- Friday, February 17: Mease Countryside Hospital, Ground Floor, Rooms 1-5, 3231 McMullen Booth Road, Safety Harbor
- Wednesday, Feb. 22: Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, Bekesh Education and Conference Center, 6600 Madison Street, New Port Richey
- Friday, Feb. 24: Bartow Regional Medical Center, Main Lobby, 2200 Osprey Blvd., Bartow
- Friday, March 3: St. Anthony’s Hospital, Auditorium, 1200 Seventh Ave. N, St. Petersburg
- Tuesday, March 7: Morton Plant Hospital, Cheek-Powell Heart and Vascular Pavilion, Classrooms A&B, 455 Pinellas Street, Clearwater
- Thursday, March 9: South Florida Baptist Hospital, Community Conference Room, 301 N Alexander Street, Plant City
- Saturday, March 18: Bloomingdale Regional Public Library, Large Meeting Room, 1906 Bloomingdale Ave, Valrico (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Thursday, March 23: St. Joseph’s Hospital-South, Franciscan Conference Rooms 1& 2, 6901 Simmons Loop, Riverview
- Monday, March 27: St. Joseph’s Hospital, Medical Arts Building, Rooms 1-4, 3003 W Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Tampa
According to the Department of Health and Human Services, one in every three deaths in the United States is due to cardiovascular disease. That is about 800,000 lives or almost as many as cancer, respiratory diseases and accidents combined. Heart disease and stroke cost the nation $320 billion per year in health care costs and lost economic productivity.
BayCare is a leading not-for-profit health care system that connects individuals and families to a wide range of services at 14 hospitals and hundreds of other convenient locations throughout the Tampa Bay and central Florida regions. Inpatient and outpatient services include acute care, primary care, imaging, laboratory, behavioral health, home care, and wellness. Our mission is to improve the health of all we serve through community-owned, health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care. For more information visit www.baycare.org