CLEARWATER, Fla., (February 3, 2015)
- Morton Plant Mease Health Care provides a variety of volunteer opportunities at hospitals and facilities throughout Pinellas and Pasco counties for people who want to make a positive difference in someone’s life.
Volunteers enrich the lives of patients and families by generously donating time and services. Among the volunteers opportunities available are:
- Offering inpatient / bedside support as a patient companion
- Providing retail support in resale shops or the hospital gift shops
- Assisting visitors at information desks or as lobby guides
- Making community outreach through our free van service as schedulers, drivers, and aides, or through our Friend to Friend program to help patients who have been discharged and need assistance with errands, such as grocery shopping or picking up medications.
Morton Plant Mease’s Volunteer Resources team hosts monthly information sessions for people interested in joining our team of volunteers at our facilities. Please call (727) 734-6262 to find out about the schedule for sessions.
Volunteers are needed at the following locations:
- Mease Countryside Hospital, Safety Harbor
- Mease Dunedin Hospital, Dunedin
- Morton Plant Hospital, Clearwater
- Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, New Port Richey
- Bardmoor Outpatient Center, Largo
- BayCare Outpatient Center (Trinity)
- Turley Family Health Center, Clearwater
Volunteers with Morton Plant Mease Health Care meet critical community needs and enrich the lives of others. Volunteers learn new skills, meet new people, and remain active. Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week for those 14 years old and older. Hours are flexible and can be scheduled during the day or on evenings or weekends. For information, call (727) 734-6262.
About Morton Plant Mease
Nationally recognized for health care excellence, Morton Plant Mease Health Care is dedicated to providing community owned health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care. Morton Plant Mease Health Care is comprised of the following hospitals –
Morton Plant, Clearwater; Mease Dunedin, Dunedin; Mease Countryside, Safety Harbor and Morton Plant North Bay, New Port Richey.
About BayCare Health System
BayCare Health System is a leading community-based health system in the Tampa Bay area. Composed of a network of 11 not-for-profit hospitals, outpatient facilities and services such as imaging, lab, behavioral health and home health care, BayCare provides expert medical care throughout a patient’s lifetime. With more than 200 access points conveniently located throughout Tampa Bay, BayCare connects patients to a complete range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for any health care need.
BayCare’s family of hospitals are: Mease Countryside, Mease Dunedin, Morton Plant, Morton Plant North Bay, St. Anthony’s, St. Joseph’s, St. Joseph’s Children’s, St. Joseph’s Hospital-North, St. Joseph’s Women’s, South Florida Baptist, and Winter Haven. For more information, visit BayCare on the Web at www.BayCare.org.