BayCare Health System Offering Free Heart Healthy Screenings
Free Health Screenings Around Tampa Bay This FallCLEARWATER, Fla., (August 25, 2015) -- BayCare Health System will be offering free heart-healthy screenings throughout the Tampa Bay area this fall. The screenings include blood pressure, blood sugar/glucose, body mass index and cholesterol. A nurse and a nutrition specialist will be on hand at each screening to answer individual questions.
The Heart-Healthy Schedule is:
- Tuesday, September 8: St. Joseph’s Hospital Medical Arts Building, 3003 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Tampa
- Wednesday, September 16: BayCare Urgent Care, 6909 W. Waters Ave., Tampa
- Friday, September 18: St. Joseph’s Hospital-South, 601 Simmons Loop, Riverview
- Saturday, September 19: BayCare Urgent Care, 4821 U.S. Highway 19, New Port Richey
- Wednesday, September 23: BayCare Urgent Care, 2016 E. State Road 60, Valrico
- Saturday, September 26: Morton Plant Hospital, Cheek-Powell Heart and Vascular Pavilion, Classrooms A&B, 455 Pinellas Street, Clearwater
- Tuesday, September 29: St. Joseph’s Hospital-North, Garden Classrooms A&B, 4211 Van Dyke Road, Lutz
- Thursday, October 1: Imperial Swan Hotel & Suites, 4141 S. Florida Ave., Lakeland
Registration is required. To register, please call (855) 546-6304.
According to the Department of Health & Human Services, heart disease is the leading cause of death for Americans, claiming more than 600,000 lives each year. That is the same number of people as cancer, lower respiratory diseases and cancer combined. Heart disease and stroke cost the nation $312.6 billion per year in health care costs and lost economic productivity.
BayCare is a leading not-for-profit health care system that connects individuals and families to a wide range of services at 13 hospitals and hundreds of other convenient locations throughout the Tampa Bay and central Florida regions. Inpatient and outpatient services include acute care, primary care, imaging, laboratory, behavioral health, home care, and wellness. Our mission is to improve the health of all we serve through community-owned, health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care. For more information visit www.baycare.org.