SJH - Tampa's Busiest Emergency Center Opens New Expansion
Additional features include:
- Larger pediatric emergency department with board-certified pediatric emergency physicians trained to provide the highest level of care for children.
- Bariatric room to accommodate obese patients in a comfortable environment.
- Fetal Monitor Data Connectivity, which allows highly-trained staff across the street at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital to monitor the fetus of pregnant women while doctors treat the mother in the emergency room.
- Digital radiology, which allows for immediate viewing of x-rays by ER and trauma physicians during trauma situations (available October 2014).
- Bedside ultrasound machine for faster IV starts and trauma diagnostics
- Cell phone and electronic device charging stations for visitors
- X-track implementation, a vertical patient model
Media Opportunity:What: Go behind the scenes of the St. Joseph’s Hospital’s new emergency center
When: Friday, July 18, 9-10:30 a.m.
Where: St. Joseph’s Hospital, 3001 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Tampa, FL (Park in lot next to emergency center off N. Habana Ave.).