POWER Wellness Program
Program of Wellness, Empowerment and Recovery
The POWER Wellness Program is specially designed for our cancer survivors to empower them with knowledge, emotional support and whole body wellness. The program provides an uplifting structured exercise experience designed to help participants regain their functional abilities during recovery. Integrating physical activity into one’s lifestyle is of vital importance in creating lasting health and well-being.
What to Expect
- A six-week small group training (up to four people), two sessions per week
- A nationally certified personal trainer with specialized cancer education
- A free six-week BayCare Fitness Center membership
- Fitness assessment
- Pre- and post-movement screening
- Exercise recommendation for continuation upon completion of program
- Opportunity to maintain contact with our program participants upon completion of program
The funding for this program is graciously provided by donations made through Morton Plant
Health Care Foundation and the St. Anthony’s Hospital Foundation.
Benefits of Program
- Improve overall quality of life
- Decrease body fat, increase muscle mass, build strength and cardiovascular endurance
- Prevent lymphedema and frozen shoulder
- Recover functional ability and lower odds of recurrence
- Create positive lifestyle habits and enhance self-esteem
- Provide interaction and socialization
- Increase chest and shoulder range of motion
- Reduce severity of therapy side effects and improve medication tolerance
- Decrease stress and promote wellness
Get a POWER Wellness program referral from your physician or therapist, to be faxed to your preferred location. When your referral is received and reviewed at the fitness center, you’ll be called to schedule your assessment.
For more information, email email@example.com or contact your nearest fitness center.