On the day of your appointment, please arrive at the St. Joseph’s Imaging/Radiology Department one hour before your scheduled procedure. Please note that being late for your appointment or arriving unprepared affects other patients scheduled for procedures that day. In the event you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, we will make every effort to accommodate you, but there is a chance your procedure will need to be rescheduled for a later date.
Specific pre-procedure patient preparation will be discussed with you by our radiology team prior to your scheduled exam. Preparations may vary, depending on the specific procedure you are scheduled for. Below is a list of general pre-procedure instructions that should be observed by patients for all procedures:
- Arrange ahead of time for a responsible adult to take you home after your procedure. If you are having difficulty arranging for transportation home, please notify your doctor so that your procedure can be rescheduled for a later date.
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight the night before your procedure. You may brush your teeth or rinse your mouth, but please do not swallow.
- Drink extra fluids throughout the day before your procedure until midnight. Please refrain from drinking any alcohol the day before your procedure.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to the hospital the day of your procedure.
- If you wear eyeglasses or contact lenses, please bring a case to place them in during your procedure.
- If you will be staying in the hospital overnight, bring a robe, toiletries, slippers and any other essential you may need. Please leave the items in the care of a family member or friend until after you are brought to your hospital room.
- In the event you become ill the night before or the morning of your procedure, please call you doctor to have the procedure rescheduled.
- A member of our radiology team will contact you the day after your procedure to check on you and see how you are doing.