St. Anthony's Hospital continuously looks to state-of-the-art treatment and procedures for endoscopic services. For example, St. Anthony's is the only hospital in the Tampa Bay area to utilize Endoscopic Bronchial Ultrasound, which can diagnose and stage multiple lung conditions.
Endoscopy procedures may be used to simultaneously diagnose and treat many conditions.
Your doctor may recommend endoscopy if you are experiencing:
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty swallowing
- Bleeding from your digestive tract
- Unexplained changes in your bowels
- Polyps (growths) in your colon
- Breathing problems
- Heartburn of unknown origin
- Unexplained rectal bleeding
- Unexplained weight loss
Endoscopy Diagnostic Services We Provide
Each endoscopic procedure differs depending on what your doctors need to examine. Your doctor will use a specialized endoscope for each procedure. Endoscopic services we provide include:
- Upper Endoscopy -- (Direct visualization and examination of the esophagus, stomach and small bowel)
- Colonoscopy -- (Direct visualization and examination of large bowel)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) -- (Examination, diagnosis and treatment of gallstones and pancreatic cancers)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound -- (Direct visualization and examination of the esophagus, pancreas, lung and rectum to diagnose and stage malignancies)
- Bronchoscopy -- (Direct visualization and examination of bronchial tree and lungs)
- Endoscopic Bronchial Ultrasound
- Lung Navigation
For more information about endoscopic services at St. Anthony's Hospital or for a physician referral, please call (727) 825-1111.