Founded in 1916, Morton Plant Hospital was the first hospital built in northern Pinellas County. Almost a century later, Morton Plant Hospital is a nationally recognized 687-bed facility providing highly technical and specialized care to more than 50,000 patients annually and working in more than 50 specialty areas.
BayCare’s longstanding commitment to serving health care needs within our community continues with expansion efforts, a four-year project that will include a new patient tower, an additional main entrance and the relocations of surgery, women's care and orthopedics to better meet the needs of the future.
Designated as one of Thomson Reuters 100 Top U.S. Hospitals, Morton Plant Hospital offers everything you need to help you and your family lead healthier, happier lives.
Housed on one conveniently located campus in Clearwater, Florida, our services encompass the entire continuum of health care, from prevention to early detection, state-of-the-art treatment to recovery. Hospital highlights include:
- Morgan Heart Hospital is a national leader in cardiovascular health and the latest in minimally invasive procedures.
- Morton Plant has a Comprehensive Breast Program anchored by the diagnostic excellence of the Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center and a team of breast experts, including fellowship-trained breast disease specialists.
- The Neurosciences Institute offers specialty clinics for the treatment of strokes, movement disorders and memory disorders.
- The Cantonis ER-1, a world-class emergency department, is equipped to handle any emergency quickly and efficiently.
- Women’s and children's services encompasses educational classes, gynecological care, maternity and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- An Orthopedics Program specializes in surgical and rehabilitative services for joint replacement, spine conditions and sports medicine injuries
ER Visits: 80,208
Outpatient Surgeries: 10,301
Lab Tests: 2,348,552
Location and Contact Information
300 Pinellas Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Morton Plant Mease Foundation
1200 Druid Road South
Clearwater, FL, 33756