St. Joseph's Hospital - Emergency Center
St. Joseph’s Hospital Emergency Center cares for the most emergency patients in the Tampa Bay area giving treatment to more than 150,000 children and adults annually. The 100-bed center is staffed by more than 160 medical staff personnel including board-certified emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and paramedics. The emergency center has designation signifying its ability to provide an advanced level of trauma care for adults and children with life-threatening injuries or illnesses. This includes fetal monitoring ability to observe the status of an unborn baby.
Learn more about St. Joseph's Hospital Emergency Center.
Valet parking is available at the emergency entrance.
Download the St. Joseph's Hospital campus map.
- Fast track area to treat patients quickly with minor emergencies
- Digital radiology for fast viewing of images to expedite treatment
- Bedside ultrasound for immediate intravenous (IV) administering medications and fluids
- A medical helicopter that transports emergency patients from an eight-county region to St. Joseph’s
- A separate, child-friendly, 20-unit Steinbrenner Emergency/Trauma Center for Children specializing in pediatric care with its own triage and pediatric resuscitation room. It is a state-approved pediatric trauma center providing acute care.