Cancer Center at St. Anthony's Hospital
If you or someone you love is diagnosed with cancer, the Cancer Center at St. Anthony's Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL offers a full range of services from prevention education to diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment care.
The center is a state-of-the-art facility, with advanced technology, managed by board-certified cancer specialists that provide the highest quality of care for all types of cancer including:
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gynecological and ovarian cancers
- Leukemia and lymphoma
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Other cancers
Together we are driven to return you to the routine of your daily life, as soon as possible. The team at St. Anthony's will focus on your individual needs. They are ready to answer your questions, explain complicated terms, and address any concerns you may have.
Cancer Care When You Need It
The Cancer Center at St. Anthony’s Hospital is designated as a comprehensive community cancer program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC). As a cancer patient, receiving treatment at a CoC-accredited cancer center will ensure that you are receiving quality cancer care.
Screening and Diagnosis
- Screening services - a wide range of screenings, from digital rectal exams (DREs) and colonoscopy to genetic testing
- Comprehensive diagnostic imaging - services include PET/CT Scan, ultrasound, X-ray, CT Scan, MRI, mammography with stereotactic breast biopsy and nuclear medicine
- Diagnosis, staging and treatment monitoring - featuring the Siemens 16-slice PET/CT unit
- Leading diagnostic and therapeutic treatments - including lymphoscintigraphy, sentinel node biopsy for breast cancer, conformal therapy for prostate cancer
- Lung Nodule Program - for patients with high-risk results following a low-dose CT chest screening, a dedicated nurse navigator works with you, your primary care doctor and a multidisciplinary team of experts to guide you through the next steps and determine the best plan of action.
Ion Robot-Assisted Biopsy
If your doctor indicated you have a suspicious nodule on your lung and referred you for a biopsy, you now have options. The Cancer Center at St. Anthony’s Hospital is the only facility in south Pinellas County to offer the Ion robot-assisted system. This system allows your doctor to biopsy small, hard to reach nodules that would otherwise just be monitored over time. This means, if the nodule is cancerous, it can be found faster and treated sooner, which may help improve long-term survival rates.
The Cancer Center at St. Anthony's Hospital has a 20-bed inpatient oncology unit. Staffed with oncology-certified nurses, our team provides:
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient surgical programs
- Support therapy
- Lab services
Available on both an inpatient and outpatient basis with linear accelerators providing external photon and electron treatment and five board-certified radiation oncologists overseeing each patient’s care.
This FDA-approved system offers patients the chance to minimize hair loss during chemotherapy treatment. The system has two parts – a Cooling Wrap and a Therma Cap. The Cooling Wrap wraps around the patient’s head to create a comfortable, custom fit that spreads temperature-controlled fluid. The Therma Cap is worn over the Cooling Wrap to add extra protection and ensure the Cooling Wrap is tight.
Note: Not all patients qualify. Please ask us for more information.
Post-Treatment CareThrough BayCare HomeCare, patients recovering from cancer treatment, disabled, chronically and/or terminally ill have access to an effective and affordable solution in the comfort of your home.
Specialists Delivering Quality Care
Our patient care team includes doctors, certified oncology nurses, social workers, psychologists, pastoral care, physical, occupational and speech therapists, dietitians and pain management specialists.
Develops and provides a comprehensive database of cancer patient information. This information is provided to physicians and administration for analysis of hospital performance regarding care of the cancer patient. It’s also provided to the National Cancer Data Base for compilation of national statistics, to the Florida Cancer Data System, to the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, and to cancer patients and other cancer registries
For a physician referral or more information on The Cancer Center at St. Anthony’s Hospital, please call (727) 953-6938.