After Your Procedure
- You will rest in our recovery area under the care of our specially trained nurses. You may be sleepy or dizzy after your procedure. Your anesthesiologist will monitor your condition.
- When you are ready to go home, we will assist you with standing and possibly dressing to avoid falls.
- You and your family member will be given a written copy of your home care instructions. Please follow
- You MUST have a responsible adult drive you home or accompany you if you are using another means of transportation.
- Plan to have someone remain with you through the first night after your procedure.
- Please do not drive, operate machinery or make important decisions for the first 24 hours after your procedure.
- You will receive a call from one of our nurses in the days following your procedure to ensure you are
- Contact your physician with questions and concerns.
- In an EMERGENCY - call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if you are unable to reach your physician and feel your symptoms require immediate care.
- To reach a physician immediately, you can also use BayCare Anywhere.
- BayCare Urgent Care locations are also available if you need to be seen for a non-emergency matter.
For more information about what to expect after your procedure at a BayCare Surgery Center, please contact the location at which your procedure is scheduled.