BayCare Medical Group Transitional Care Clinic at Morton Plant North Bay Hospital
BayCare Medical Group Transitional Care Clinic at Morton Plant North Bay Hospital was developed to serve patients with the following chronic diseases:
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetes and Hypertension
The mission of the clinic is to provide comprehensive, high quality and immediate care to patients following discharge from the hospital to improve quality of life and reduce the number of readmissions.
BayCare Medical Group Transitional Care Clinic at Morton Plant North Bay Hospital is a resource for patients and families who:
- Are being discharged from the hospital with one of the three chronic diseases. Our goal is to see patients within 3-5 days of discharge.
- Are at high risk for readmission
- Are newly diagnosed
- Need immediate follow up care and do not have a primary care physician
- Social services resources
In the clinic, patients will receive individualized attention and education from nurse practitioner, Winsome Osbourne. She will provide education about the disease, medication assessment and reconciliation, diet and self-care as well as follow up visits are secured with the patient’s primary care and specialist physicians.
- Winsome Osbourne, MSN, ARNP, ACNPC-AG, FNP-C