BayCare Medical Group Radiation Oncology
The Fred J. Woods Radiation Therapy Center was the first Radiation Center in Tampa Bay when it was established in 1969. More than 900 patients are treated each year using a variety of radiation therapy treatments including those listed below.
Our offices are in the Fred J. Woods Radiation Therapy Center located on the campus of St. Joseph's Hospital. The entrance is on North Habana Avenue, one block north of W. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., on the west side of the street.
- Prostate seed implants
- Low-dose brachytherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Conformal radiation therapy
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
Our state-of-the-art equipment includes:
- Lightspeed CT Accelerator
- 3D Treatment Planning System
- Varian 2500c Linear Accelerator
- 23EX with Multileaf Collimator