BayCare Medical Group Coumadin Clinic (Suncoast)
Friday, 8am – 12pm
An advantage of our Coumadin Clinic is that blood is obtained from a simple finger stick rather than a regular blood draw.
Testing is completed in seconds; patients will know their INR results before leaving the clinic. Our nurses use physician-approved protocols to adjust doses immediately, if necessary. Patients will know what dosage to take before leaving the clinic—no more waiting hours or days after a lab draw to know if a dosage needs to be changed.
This point-of-care program reduces the risk of adverse events with warfarin, increasing your patient’s safety. Our dedicated staff focuses on the anticoagulation needs of patients. A copy of the treatment plan is delivered directly to the enrolling physician for review.
- Appointment tracking
- Decrease risk of serious complication and death caused by blood-thinning medications
- Easy referral process
- Immediate PT/INR results and management
- Increased access to education and support
- Monitor PT/INR at regular intervals
- One-on-one contact with a dedicated
- Coumadin nurse