Pediatric Emergency Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital-South
We provide compassionate, family-centered care for pediatric patients in our dedicated pediatric emergency center. We offer:
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians - board-certified physicians with years of additional training in pediatric emergency medicine.
- Child-Size Care - specialized tools and equipment in a range of sizes to treat the smallest patient to the biggest one.
- Child Life Specialists - trained professionals that specialize in child development. They help explain diagnoses and procedures and use play techniques to distract and calm our young patients, their siblings, and sometimes their parents too!
- Kid-friendly environment - we use drug-free methods of pain relief and procedures without needles when possible. Our team is trained to talk to kids like they’re kids, to make them feel safe and comforted.
- Specialized Support and Resources - highly specialized care that caters to the unique medical needs of children combined with an extensive support system through St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Tampa. Pediatric specialists at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital are available for consultation on complex cases if necessary.
ER waiting room
Our pediatric ER provides private rooms as well as a dedicated pediatric waiting room and specialized areas for the treatment of pediatric trauma patients.
We are capable of managing any emergency your child may have and if necessary, we can arrange for expedited transport of patients to St. Joseph's Children's Hospital Steinbrenner Children’s Emergency & Trauma Center.
Learn more about our pediatric services at St. Joseph's Hospital-South.