St. Anthony's Hospital Auxiliary
Who We Are
St. Anthony's Hospital Auxiliary is an independent, volunteer run organization consisting of men and women with a mission to provide financial support through fundraising and service to the hospital.
Founded in 1949, the Auxiliary helps with hospital funding for equipment, patient services, and education classes. Today, the Auxiliary not only hosts fundraising events, but also volunteers in the gift shop. We use our enthusiasm and creative minds to provide services to all involved in serving the hospital. During the COVID-19 pandemic, hundreds of gift bags were assembled and distributed to hospital team members, funded by the generosity of our member donations.
The Auxiliary honors the legacy of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany, who established and funded the opening of St. Anthony's Hospital in 1931, by committing our purpose to aid, support and assist the hospital.
How to Join
Membership is open to any person, aged 18 and older. Join us by attending our meetings, volunteering at our events or helping in the gift shop. For more information, contact:
Sara Galiger, Membership Chair
Auxiliary meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month from September to May at The Hangar Restaurant in St. Petersburg. Board meetings begin at 10am and the general meeting follows at 11am.
2022 Schedule of Events
- January 6 - The James Museum Tour of Andy Warhol
- January 12 – Motown Madness
- January 25 - Linen Sale
- February – Jewelry Sale
- February 9 – Women’s Health
- February 14 - Nothing Bundt Cake Sale
- February 14 - Val-O-Gram Valentine's Day Project
- March 9 - Our Town with Phil Graham
- March 10 - Annual Bingo Event and Luncheon
- April 13 - A Museum Adventure
- May 11 - Annual Installation of Officers and Luncheon
2021-2022 Board of Directors
- Phyllis Powell, President
- Sara Galiger, Vice President
- Carol Piper, Recording Secretary
- Karen Miles, Treasurer
- JoAnn Mazzei, Corresponding Secretary