If you are a compassionate, energetic person, why not become a valuable resource and an important part of South Florida Baptist Hospital’s family? A few hours of your time can make a positive difference in someone’s life. Volunteering to help others is a wonderful way to support your community. You can use your special skills, learn new skills, meet new people and maintain an active lifestyle.
In the assigned four hour shifts we can match your background, skills, interests and availability with our needs at one of our many locations.
Volunteer Opportunities at South Florida Baptist Hospital:
- Information Desk: Use your good people skills to greet patients and visitors, operate the computer to provide patient information a handle incoming calls.
- Escort: Greet patients and visitors, escorts them to their destinations and admissions and discharges.
- Cancer Resource Center: The Cancer Resource Center works to improve cancer patients’ quality of life by providing information about free programs and services by assisting cancer patients with making informed decisions about their care.
- Tram/Shuttle Service: Transport patients, visitors, employee to all areas of the hospital campus.
- Surgery Waiting Room: Act as the liaison between families and patients.
- Pet Therapy (Dogs Only): Bring your special dog, after training, to interact with the patients, families and staff.
- Gift Shop: Greet customers, assist customers in selection of merchandise, deliver flowers and gifts to patient’s rooms and help sort and display merchandise.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center – Adults and Children at Swindle Medical Arts Center – Offsite facility: Assist staff with setting up and cleaning of exercise equipment for patients.
How can I join?
If you would like to volunteer at South Florida Baptist Hospital, please complete our volunteer inquiry form.
As an official South Florida Baptist Hospital volunteer, you will receive:
- An orientation to our hospital
- Training and service description specific to your volunteer assignment
- Flexible schedule for mornings, afternoons, evenings, or weekends
- Free TST Screening
- Free Influenza Vaccination
- Free parking in designated areas
- Meal allowance
- Discount in the Gift Shop
- Invitations to the Annual SFB Picnic and Christmas Dinner and other appreciation events.
- Special Red Jacket which you purchase
- New friendships with others who share your commitment
For Current Volunteers: