Emergency Care at Harris ER
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1. For minor illnesses and injuries, visit BayCare Urgent Care for additional information and a list of locations.
At Mease Dunedin, our aim is to have you see a licensed health care professional within 30 minutes of arrival at our Harris Emergency Room. Good 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our "30-minute target" is why our ER has received the highest patient satisfaction scores of any emergency department in the BayCare Health System for the past three years.
But efficiency is only part of what makes our ER so special. Staffed by board-certified physicians, award-winning nurses and a team of highly-trained support personnel, our 17,000-square-foot facility provides expert care to patients of all ages. You can count on us to take care of you and your family with the knowledge and compassion essential in emergency situations.
The following features demonstrate our commitment to the well-being and comfort of all who visit our ER:
- Sprain your ankle or require a few stitches? Take advantage of our Fast Track area, a separate ER section dedicated to treating minor medical emergencies.
- Chest pain? Broken bone? Shortness of breath? For patients with more acute emergencies, our 14 private rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- Computerized nursing documentation expedites assessment and treatment.
- Our central cardiac monitoring system is under constant observation by a monitor technician, so your heart's status is always known to us.
- Our pediatric waiting area is child-friendly with crayons and coloring sheets, stuffed toys and a colorful wall mural.
- TVs are present in each patient room as well as in the main waiting area and the pediatric waiting area.
Learn more about emergency care services at BayCare.
Harris Emergency Room
Mease Dunedin Hospital
601 Main Street
Dunedin, FL 34698