Give the gift of time, volunteer at BayCare Hospital Wesley Chapel.
Become a volunteer at BayCare and make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. Volunteers help us achieve our mission and contribute to the high-quality, compassionate patient experience through a variety of roles while gaining experience in a health care environment.
Do you enjoy helping others? Do you have free time during the week or weekends?
We're looking for adult and teen volunteers to enrich the lives of our patients and families. Available opportunities include:
- Information Desk: Use your good people skills to greet and guide patients, guests, employees and volunteers to all areas of the hospital.
- Gift Shop: Greet customers, assist customers in selection and purchase of merchandise, deliver flowers and gifts to patients’ rooms and help sort and display merchandise.
- Patient Liaison: Provide social and emotional support and advocacy to patients and guests.
- Lobby Ambassador: Serve as a greeter and escort for patients, visitors and all other guests entering the hospital.
- Eucharistic Ministers: Eucharistic Ministers are trained individuals that bring the gift of Eucharist to Catholic patients.
- Spiritual Care: Spiritual care volunteers are lay individuals who focus their visits on ministering and listening to patients and their families.
- Pet Therapy (Dogs Only): Bring your special dog, after training and certification, to interact with patients, families and staff.
- Surgical Services: Act as a liaison between families and patients.
- Emergency Department: Provide non-clinical support to patients, families and team members.