Pulmonary and Respiratory
BayCare Alliant Hospital's Respiratory Therapy Department is staffed 24 hours a day to attend to our patients' intensive respiratory needs. We are proud of our ventilator weaning success rate of 89.5 percent in 2012, which exceeds national vent weaning rates. Much of this success is attributable to the clinical expertise and acumen of BayCare Alliant’s respiratory team who attends interdisciplinary team meetings where all patients are discussed weekly and input is given by all medical departments, including nursing, therapy, dietary, wound care, intensive care, pharmacy, clinical documentation case management and social services.
Our in-house team consists of licensed or registered respiratory therapists (RRTs) skilled in meeting the specialized needs of our patients with complex respiratory services:
- ABG's (arterial blood gas monitoring)
- Bi-PAP (bi-level positive airway pressure) and CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) monitoring
- Chest percussion therapy
- Chest tube management
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbations
- Cough assist
- Decannulation and post-decannulation monitoring
- Passy-Muir valve placement (speaking valve)
- Pulmonary hygiene and suctioning
- Tracheostomy care
- Ventilator care and maintenance
- Ventilator weaning
To learn more about respiratory services at BayCare Alliant Hospital, call (727) 734-6791.