Are you interested in advancing your career as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)? Would you like an opportunity to work in specialized acute care floors, our state-of-the-art 50-bed emergency department and 44-bed cutting edge intensive care units, but you don’t have the experience?
BayCare Winter Haven Hospital (WHH) is pleased to offer the 2021 Graduate Respiratory Therapy (RT) Program for talented senior RT students interested in working as RRTs.
If you are interested, please apply for any of the posted Respiratory Care Equipment Technician - Graduate RT Program positions at WHH. If you are chosen, on-the-job training will include attending a 6-month training session that will contain self-paced computer modules, shadowing opportunities, and hands-on experience on respiratory equipment.
During the 6 months, you will be assigned to a BayCare trained RT Preceptor. You will be closely followed by your clinical Preceptor and management team to ensure that you receive all the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to succeed in your new role.
If you have questions about the Graduate RT program, please email the Baycare RT Recruiter or call, 727-781-3139.
- Application period opens on October 1st, 2020
- Applications are due by Sunday, November 1st, 2020
- Interview period is Monday, November 2nd to Friday, November 27th, 2020.
- Applicant selections completed by Friday, December 4th, 2020.
- Graduate RT program begins with orientation at BayCare System Offices in Clearwater on Monday, December 14th, 2020. The second day of orientation will be held at WHH on December 15th, 2020.
- Senior RT student from a Respiratory program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) expected to graduate in Spring/Summer 2021.
- Good standing RT student with GPA equal to or above 3.0.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (professional and/or academic, 1 must be from the RT Program Director or RT Director of Clinical Education).
- Must work under the guidance of a BayCare RT Preceptor each shift.
- Upon completion of the program, the shifts you are assigned to will vary based on the needs of the RT department.
- We are looking for bright graduates who share our respiratory values at WHH of excellence, professionalism, and compassion. Our BayCare values are trust, dignity, respect, responsibility, and excellence.
- $1,000 graduation bonus to all full-time Grad RTs
- $500 paid upon successful completion of his/her RRT Credentials and (90)-day probationary period as an RRT (must be completed within 6 months of date of hire or 6 weeks after graduation)
- $500 paid after one (1) year of successful employment as a full-time, licensed RRT
- $390 paid for NBRC exam fees
- $165 paid for Florida RT License fees
- Self-scheduling up to 20 hrs/week
- Paid opportunity to learn and master various basic and advanced RT equipment
- Free Kettering study materials for RRT, NPS, ACCS, CPFT/RPFT exam review
- Formal orientation to BayCare Health System and WHH
- We believe that superior patient care requires a true multidisciplinary approach and a culture of mutual respect and teamwork.
- We offer extensive patient care education courses throughout the year at no cost to all team members. We also offer all required education courses at no cost to team members.
- We offer an impressive range of benefits to all team members, including BayCare team bonus every spring and clinical pay for skills every fall.
- We encourage and support all team members in seeking higher education with tuition reimbursement program, scholarship opportunities, flexible scheduling for school schedules, and excellent local academic programs.
- Through our Journey to Extraordinary, we take a personalized approach, get to know our customer and own the experience from beginning to end. Because we strive to always exceed expectations, we are extraordinary. We are BayCare.