BayCare Opening New Urgent Care in Tampa
Starting on Monday, November 9, people who need care for minor injuries and illnesses can visit the BayCare Urgent Care (Tampa) at 3440 W Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd. in Tampa. The center is located near BayCare’s St. Joseph’s Hospital.“By caring for injuries or illnesses that need quick medical attention, BayCare Urgent Care can help patients start on the road to recovery before a problem becomes more severe,” said Nathan Keith Waldrep, MD, director of physician services, BayCare Urgent Care.
The new BayCare Urgent Care location also will feature a bilingual team, led by M. Thomas Hill, MD, and Peter Markus, MD, that can provide information and care in English and Spanish.
All of BayCare’s Urgent Care Centers are fully equipped to provide a total care experience including X-rays, lab work, EKGs and prescriptions. Among the medical conditions that may be treated without an appointment are minor illnesses and injuries, flu and colds, sprains and strains, minor cuts, stings and burns.
For patients needing a higher level of care, the center can offer efficient coordination of care through BayCare’s integrated health system.
BayCare Urgent Care locations also include:
- BayCare Urgent Care (Carrollwood) – 11921 North Dale Mabry Hwy., Suite 7, Tampa
- BayCare Urgent Care (Waters) – 6909 W Waters Ave., Tampa
- BayCare Urgent Care (Valrico) – 2016 E Brandon Blvd., Valrico
- BayCare Urgent Care (South Tampa) – 1155 S Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa
- BayCare Urgent Care (St. Petersburg) – 2331 Fourth St. N, St. Petersburg
- BayCare Urgent Care (New Port Richey) – 4821 U.S. Highway 19, New Port Richey
- BayCare Urgent Care (Walsingham) – 13670 Walsingham Road, Largo
In addition, BayCare has two more locations planned to open this year including:
– 711 S Belcher Road, Clearwater
– 3351 McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater (adjacent to Mease Countryside Hospital)
BayCare Urgent Care Centers will accept most insurance plans and have extended hours. All locations are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday. Holiday hours are:
- Thanksgiving Eve, Nov. 25, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thanksgiving, Nov. 26, Closed
- Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Christmas, Dec. 25, Closed
- New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- New Year’s Day, Jan. 1, Closed
BayCare is a leading not-for-profit health care system that connects individuals and families to a wide range of services at 13 hospitals and hundreds of other convenient locations throughout the Tampa Bay and central Florida regions. Inpatient and outpatient services include acute care, primary care, imaging, laboratory, behavioral health, home care, and wellness. Our mission is to improve the health of all we serve through community-owned, health care services that set the standard for high-quality, compassionate care. For more information, visit www.BayCare.org.