Richa K. Patel, MD
Diabetes in the Technology AgeMarch 10, 2021
Dr. Richa Patel explains why data is important for managing diabetes and what technology is available for patients with diabetes. Learn more about BayCare's diabetes services
- BayCare Medical Group
- BayCare Physician Partners
- BayCare Physician Partners ACO
- AB Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- AB Internal Medicine (Endocrinology,Diabetes and Metabolism)
Insurances AcceptedWe Accept the Following Insurances
All reviews have been submitted by patients after seeing this provider. To learn more click here.Provider Explained Things ClearlyProvider Listened CarefullyProvider Was Easy To UnderstandProvider Knew Medical HistoryProvider Showed RespectProvider Spent Enough TimeRate Your Provider 0-10232 Reviews, 57 Comments7/22/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientDr. Patel is the best diabetes doctor I have found. She is there to assist in my medical needs. Willing to call me when needed to make sure I am doing well for the weekend.7/8/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientDr. Patel was wonderful, she answered questions and we discussed my insulin medications she was very thorough and helpful.7/8/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientShe appears to be very knowledgeable and I felt as if she was taking my thoughts/ideas into consideration as to my care. I appreciated that very much.6/18/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientGood6/3/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientProvider spent too little time and did not ask me what kind of endocrine conditions I have and only said so I am here about my thyroid. She didnt ask about my sugar levels and I have hypoglycemia.
- Dr. Richa Patel is board certified in internal medicine, with a specialty in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism. Dr. Patel is also board certified in obesity medicine. She earned her medical degree from Pramukhswami Medical College at Sardar Patel University in Karamsad, India. Dr. Patel continued her medical education by completing an internal medicine residency at New York Medical College/Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. She solidified her passion for endocrinology during her three years of practice as a primary care physician in South Florida; which led her to the University of Missouri - Columbia, where she completed her fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism. An accomplished author, Dr. Patel has contributed numerous articles to peer-reviewed publications such as the International Journal of Clinical Practice and the National Journal of Medicine. She can diagnose and treat hormone-related diseases and the complications that can arise from them. Her special interest in the field of endocrinology lies in obesity medicine and the management of its metabolic complications. Dr. Patel is a member of the Obesity Medical Association, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the Endocrine Society, the American College of Physicians, and the American Medical Association. She is affiliated with St. Joseph’s Hospital-South.
- New York Medical College- Wychkiff Heights Medical Center
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
- Pramukhswami Medical College
- University Of Missouri, Columbia