Brian Matier, MD
Colonoscopy: Screening, Procedure Details and PreparationJuly 27, 2022
Many people are uncomfortable with the unknown, specifically when that unknown is a health screening or medical procedure. There are options when it comes to colon cancer screening and the best screening test is the one that gets done. Listen as Dr. Brian Matier discusses one of the more common screenings, a colonoscopy. Learn what you need to know about a colonoscopy and the details surrounding the procedure so you can feel confident the next time your doctor recommends this screening.
- BayCare Medical Group
- BayCare Physician Partners
- BayCare Physician Partners ACO
- St. Joseph's Children's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Women's Hospital
- AB Colon & Rectal Surgery - Colon & Rectal Surgery
- AB Surgery - Surgery
Insurances AcceptedWe Accept the Following Insurances
All reviews have been submitted by patients after seeing this provider. To learn more click here.Provider Explained Things ClearlyProvider Listened CarefullyProvider Was Easy To UnderstandProvider Knew Medical HistoryProvider Showed RespectProvider Spent Enough TimeRate Your Provider 0-1072 Reviews, 10 Comments8/6/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientVery thorough, respectful and squeezed me into the schedule for treatment asap. Explained all aspects of the condition and treatment completely. I couldnt have asked for better care!6/30/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientMr. Matier is epic!6/29/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientWonderful Dr.4/6/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientI have had good experiences each and every visit.1/7/2022 | BayCare Verified PatientExcellent service.
- Dr. Brian Matier is board certified in general and colon and rectal surgery. He completed his undergraduate degree in biotechnology at Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. Dr. Matier then earned his Doctor of Medicine from St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, West Indies. He continued his medical education by completing a general surgery residency at Danbury Hospital, and a fellowship in colon and rectal surgery at the University of Buffalo. Dr. Matier treats a wide range of colorectal diseases, with expertise in treating colorectal cancers, anorectal diseases, hemorrhoids, inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis), diverticulitis, and pelvic floor disorders (fecal incontinence, constipation, rectal prolapse). Dr. Matier has a particular interest in minimally invasive and robotic surgery and uses the most advanced, up to date methods and technology for the benefit of his patients. He also performs diagnostic, therapeutic and screening colonoscopy. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, and a diplomat or the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. Dr. Matier is affiliated with St. Jospeh's Hospital.
- New York Medical College (Sound Shore Medical Center Program)
- The Danbury Hospital
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- St. George's University School Of Medicine
- State University Of New York At Buffalo