The Memory Disorders Center (MDC) at St. Anthony's Hospital is a center of hope, education and support for patients living with a memory disorder and the family members and loved ones who help care for them. Key elements of the MDC's program include:
- Multidisciplinary approach led by the clinical director, a neuropsychologist, and a licensed clinical social worker
- Resource Library
- Referrals to:
What are Memory Disorders?
The most common causes of memory loss are Alzheimer's disease, vascular changes and dementia with Lewy Bodies. Depression can manifest as a memory disorder as well, but can be reversed with treatment. Metabolic (hormonal) and sleep disorders can also cause memory dysfunction that is treatable. Some conditions affect related cognitive or brain abilities. Early detection, diagnosis and treatment are all crucial to maintaining optimal brain function.
Memory Disorders Center Services
Primary services provided at the Center include:
- Coordinate state-of-the-art diagnostic evaluations for accurate diagnosis
- Use a clinical pathway to evaluate the patient's needs, develop a treatment plan, navigate care and regularly follow the progress of the patient
- Provide support for family caregivers through education, training, navigation, support groups, information and referral
- Develop and implement strategies for memory loss, cognitive deficits and/or functional impairment
- As recommended by the physician, refer to therapeutic trials of new treatments for individuals with all stages of memory loss
- Provide training and education for care providers and professionals caring for individuals with memory disorders, mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and dementia
- Assist patients in meeting neuroimaging needs as requested by their doctor
The Memory Disorders Center also offers a bi-monthly support group for family members and friends of persons living with a memory disorder. The Caregiver Support Group provides an opportunity to share information and experiences with other caregivers.
Caregiver Support Group
- First Thursday of every month | 2-3:30pm
- Third Thursday of every month | 6:30-8pm
This support group is free, and walk-ins are welcome. All meetings take place at the Memory Disorders Center at St. Anthony's Hospital.
For more information or to schedule an appointment: (727) 825-1595
Memory Disorders Center at St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony's Hospital
Professional Office Building
1201 Fifth Ave. N., Suite 206
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Campus Map and Parking Directions