Medically Complex Care
We understand that patients with medically complex conditions often require multiple services to support their recovery goals and help them return to their highest level of function. Under a doctor’s direction, BayCare Alliant’s team of respiratory and rehabilitation therapists, nutritionists, wound care specialists, pharmacists and nursing develops an individualized plan of care for each patient. Treatment plans are closely monitored and adjusted as needed for optimal results.
Our rehabilitation programs are designed to improve patients’ recovery, outcomes and quality of life.
The rehabilitation team is trained to assess and treat a wide variety of medically complex conditions, including:
- Prolonged recovery from surgical procedures
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Malnutrition/Total parenteral nutrition (TPN)/Feeding tube management
- Long-term antibiotic therapy
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Multisystem complications
- Complex wounds
- Renal failure
- Diabetes management
- Pain management for chronic illness
- Malignant or end stage disease management
- Degenerative muscular and neurological diseases
To learn more about medically complex care at BayCare Alliant Hospital, call (727) 734-6791.