If you are a compassionate, energetic person, why not become a valuable resource and an important part of the St. Joseph's Hospitals family? A few hours of your time can make a positive difference in someone’s life. Volunteering to help others is a wonderful way to support your community. You can use your special skills, learn new skills, meet new people and maintain an active lifestyle.
In the assigned four hour shifts we can match your background, skills, interests and availability with our needs at one of our hospitals.
Volunteer Opportunities at St. Joseph's Hospital:
- Ambassador - Serve as a greeter and escort for patients, visitors and all other guests entering the hospital.
- Escort - Greet patients and visitors, escort them to their destinations and expedite admissions and discharges.
- Eucharistic Ministers - Eucharistic Ministers are trained individuals that bring the gift of Eucharist to Catholic patients.
- Gift Shop - Greet customers, assist customers in selection of merchandise, deliver flowers and gifts to patients' rooms and help sort and display merchandise.
- Information Desk - Use your good people skills to greet patients and visitors, operate the computer to provide patient information and handle incoming calls.
- Pastoral Care - Pastoral Care Visitors are lay individuals trained at St. Joseph's Hospital. They focus their visits on ministering and listening to patients and their families.
- Pet Therapy (Dogs Only) - Bring your special dog, after training, to interact with the patients, families and staff.
- Surgery Waiting Rooms - Act as the liaison between families and patients.
- Shuttle - Transport patients, visitors, employees and volunteers to all areas of the hospital campus.
How Can I Join?
If you would like to volunteer at St. Joseph's Hospital, please complete our volunteer application.
Fill out our Teen Volunteer Application.
As an official St. Joseph’s Volunteer, you will receive:
- An orientation to our hospital
- Training and a service description specific to your volunteer assignment
- Flexible schedule or mornings, afternoons, evenings or weekends
- Free TB test
- Free flu shots
- Free parking in designated areas
- Meal allowance
- Discount in the Gift Shop
- Invitations to the Annual Appreciation Banquet and other appreciation events
- New friendships with others who share your commitment
- Special uniform which you purchase
Volunteer ResourcesVolunteer Education Manual
Volunteer Education Quiz
If you have any questions, please contact the volunteer office at (813) 870-4188.
The most precious gift you give another is your time, attention and love.