Can a doctor really diagnose me over video? A common question amongst people unfamiliar with BayCareAnywhere® and a valid one too. The answer is yes, with the latest advances in technology it has become possible for a physician to accurately diagnose and treat patients through video for specific conditions.
For those of you who are wondering how this all works, we laid it out in five simple steps.
1. As long as you have internet access and a video camera, you can login to BayCareAnywhere from (you guessed it) anywhere with a phone, tablet or desktop computer with a webcam. When you’re a first-time user, you’ll need to create an account.
2. From there, you’ll be given options on what type of board-certified doctor you’d like to see. Specialties include Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Emergency Care and more.
3. After you enter your credit card information and choose your preferred pharmacy, you’ll be connected to the board-certified doctor you selected. He or she will give you their undivided attention on a one-on-one video call.
4. You will then go through a virtual physical checkup as you would in a regular face-to-face examination. Based off your description, what they hear and what they see, the doctor will give you their recommended treatment, with the possibility of prescribing medicine.*
5. If you have a prescription, the doctor will digitally submit it to your preferred pharmacy, so that you don’t have to wait in line. You can pick it up when it is ready.
Download Our App for Mobile Use:
Not all illnesses can be fully resolved with BayCareAnywhere. Some visits may require follow-up with a doctor in-person within 24 to 72 hours.
*Please note that not all BayCareAnywhere visits will result in a prescription order. Controlled substances cannot be prescribed through BayCareAnywhere.