Managing Stress during the Holidays
From shopping and attending events to cooking and entertaining, there are plenty of activities to keep you busy – and probably a little stressed – during the holidays.
While you can’t completely avoid the seasonal stress, here are a few ways you can reduce it and hold onto some holiday cheer.
- Stick to healthy habits: Before heading to a holiday party, eat a healthy snack so you don’t overindulge on the food and beverages. Get enough sleep.
- Remain active: Take a walk each day, or park a little farther from the store entrance for those extra steps. And remember that our Kare-N™ Digital Wellness Therapy program can help you fit a positive change into your daily routine.
- Take a time out: Take a 15-minute break, find a quiet spot and take some deep breaths and clear your mind. Get a massage. Read a book.
- Seek support from others: Reach out to people in your community – at religious gatherings or social events or by volunteering – if you’re feeling lonely during the holidays.
- Plan ahead for the new year: Be realistic when you set goals and give yourself enough time to accomplish them.