Why Choose Home Infusion Therapy
Home infusion therapy can provide rapid patient recovery and may improve the quality of life for patients. Additional benefits include:
- 24-hour access to a clinical pharmacist
- Pharmacy service available 7 days a week
- Convenient and cost effective
- Delivery to your doorstep
- Quality patient outcomes
If you are a physician or acute care manager that would like to refer a patient to BayCare Home Infusion, please call, fax or email our office.
Guide to information needed to process orders.
Accepted Insurance Companies
BayCare Home Infusion accepts most major payers, Medicare, and Medicaid plans.
Contact us at (800) 854-3738 to speak to someone from our pharmacy team for more information.
Frequently asked questions about home infusion therapy
Find answers to our most commonly asked questions.
What diseases are treated with infusion therapy?
- Infections unresponsive to oral antibiotics
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Congestive heart failure
- Immune deficiencies
How do I get started?
1. Prior to Hospital Discharge - Our team will coordinate with your hospital team to help plan your discharge and arrange your medication and tube feeding services.
2. Transitioning Home - Our team will call you to confirm the following information:
- Your delivery address
- Time of medication delivery
- Insurance verification (prior authorizations if needed, co-pay, out-of-pocket max and expenses)
Once we have all the necessary information, we will prepare your mediations and supplies, answer any questions you have regarding your therapy, and educate you on what to expect from us throughout your treatment.
3. Once Home - Our clinical team will contact you throughout your treatment and continue to monitor your condition. We will also notify you and your home health nurse of any changes made to your therapy including dose adjustments that may be necessary. Our clinical team will follow-up with you regularly to schedule your refills for medications and supplies as well as to confirm your next delivery date and time.
How will I receive my medications?
Before each medication and supply dispense, our pharmacy team will contact you to coordinate your delivery. Our trained patient service specialists deliver all infusion medications and supplies to your home.
Are infusions and supplies covered by insurance?
Please contact our team and we will conduct a benefits check to determine your insurances specific coverage rules and if you have any out-of-pocket costs prior to beginning your therapy.
Are formula and other tube feeding supplies covered by insurance? What is included in the per diem charge?
Services, products and cist of operation are included in the per diem charges. This includes clinical monitoring by our pharmacy team, supplies and equipment, dispensing, insurance verification, obtaining prior authorizations, and more.
What is a prior authorization?
Some insurance companies require that you receive approval prior to starting your infusion and tube-feeding therapies. Our team helps facilitate the prior authorization approval process with your insurance company to determine if your services will be covered. Unfortunately, the time it takes to receive a prior authorization approval or denial can take several days, and sometimes even weeks.
How do I update my insurance information?
If you need to update your insurance, please call a member of our pharmacy team so we update your information in your account. Plan changes and insurance company changes must be communicated so we can bill the proper insurance.
Can I travel while on infusion therapy?
Patients who have plans to travel should contact our pharmacy team so we can provide information regarding traveling with their medications and how to ensure that you medications are safely transported during your travels.
Copay Assistance Programs
- Insulin Copay Assistance Programs
- Rheumatoid Arthritis / Psoriatic Arthritis Copy Assistance Programs
- Eclipse ball PDF
- Mini bag plus mixinf instructions
- Dial a flow tubing
- Gravity Drip tubing
- Inotropic medication bag change via Curlin pump
- IVIg Takedown
- TPN Administration
- Continuous intermittent bag change on Curlin pump