What is Florida KidCare?
Florida KidCare is affordable health insurance available to Florida's children, from newborns through age 18.
Need Assistance Applying To Florida KidCare? We Can Help!
Our team members can help you through the sign-up process. For assistance, please call our Financial Assistance Team at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital at (813) 870-4126.
What Health Care Benefits are Available?
Florida children from birth through the end of age 18 are eligible for coverage. The application process is free and open year-round.
Florida KidCare provides access to the following benefits for your children:
- Doctor visits
- Hospital stays
- Dental care
- Vision and hearing care
- And more
How Much Does It Cost?
Monthly premiums depend on your family size and household income. Most families pay nothing at all, and many pay just $15 or 20 per month for all children in the household. For families who do not qualify for free or subsidized coverage, a full-pay option is available.
Once your application is received, Florida KidCare will determine eligibility for the following programs:
- Medicaid – Birth to 18 years
- MediKids – Ages 1 year to 4 years
- Florida Healthy Kids – Ages 5 years to 18 years
- Children’s Medical Services Managed Care Plan – Children with special healthcare needs from birth to 18 years
More information can be found by calling 1-888-540-KIDS (5437) or by visiting FloridaKidCare.org.
How Do We Apply?
Help with the application process is available by calling our Financial Assistance Team at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital at (813) 870-4126.
Families may also apply by calling 1-888-540-KIDS (5437) or online at FloridaKidCare.org.
What Information Will We Need to Apply?
You might need the following information for the application process:
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for any legal immigrants who need insurance)
- Employer and income information for everyone in your family (for example, from paystubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any job-related health insurance available to your family