USF-MPM FM Residency - Resident Leadership Track (RLT)
The Resident Leadership Track’s mission is to train family medicine residents to embrace leadership as a tool to effect changes in health care delivery, and to improve the community of patients they serve.
Leadership Track Goals:
- To train family medicine residents to embrace leadership as part of their medical mission.
- To explore leadership philosophy, values, and goals.
- To prompt physician involvement in leadership by providing a forum for educated debate and discussion that strengthens participants’ inherent leadership skills.
- To provide a forum for networking opportunities with hospital leadership and committees through experiential learning about the critical issues facing primary care.
Tools for Accomplishing Goals:
- PGY2 participation in Leadership Book Club Workshops (*books vary per year)
- PGY3 participation in BayCare’s Physician Leadership Program offerings, as well as USF-MPM FM Residency leadership track meetings and workshops
- Learning Formats:
- Computer-based: Online modules and assessments
- Live sessions: both at Turley FHC and at the BayCare Systems Office
- Forums: led by BayCare Health System executive team
- Workshops: small group meetings that emphasize exchange of ideas with demonstration and application of skills learned