Application Requirements and Criteria For Family Medicine Residency:
- ERAS Common Application
- Dean’s Letter
- 3 letters of recommendation (preferably with 1 letter being from a Family Physician)
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) must be achieved by the second attempt. In order to be eligible for ranking, the applicant's Step 2 CK score must be received by the program before the NRMP rank list deadline. Receipt of a passing Step 2 CS score prior to the rank list deadline is preferred.
- Medical School graduation within the last three years or active in an accredited residency or medical practice in the U.S. within the last three years
- Our program does not sponsor Visas or offer Observerships
Same criteria as above, plus all DOs must follow AOA requirements for recognition of PGY-1 ACGME programs, and COMLEX scores will be accepted in place of USMLE scores.
International Medical Graduates (IMGs) also need proof of:
- Valid ECFMG certification at time of application is preferred
- Permanent resident status
- Clinical experience in the US (hands on experience preferred)
- Command of the English language
To be considered for the 2019 match, complete applications with all supporting documentation must be received by December 1, 2018.
For more information, please call (727) 467-2504 or view answers to frequently asked questions.